White Wine Summer Sangria
The weather in Portland is just gorgeous right now - perfect for backyard entertaining. When the weather is warm I love to make up a pitcher of a refreshing sangria and this recipe looks worthy of a try!
photo credit: Spiced Blog
Recipe as posted on Spiced Blog:
- 3 bottles dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio, Charddonay, or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) mint leaves, plus several more for garnish
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced into small wedges
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup triple sec or other orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 liter seltzer water
- Pour the wine into a large container.
- Add the mint leaves, sliced fruits, brandy, triple sec, and honey. Stir until well mixed.
- Let mixture sit at room temperature for 6-12 hours.
- Before serving, add the seltzer water and ice. Stir well.
- Garnish glasses with fresh mint leaves (optional).
- Store any leftover sangria in the refrigerator.